Larry Grothues Memorial - CCHS Golf Classic (CC Parent Info)
PARENT DISCOUNT RATE AVAILABLE
Current Central Catholic families receive a special $50 per player discount on team pricing for this wonderful tournament. ($150 person with parent discount)
Please contact Jeanne Albrecht (Tournament Coordinator) directly to register & for more information.
Jeanne Albrecht, Tournament Coordinator, at email@example.com or 210-392-9047.
SUNDAY, April 11, 2021
@ THE QUARRY GOLF CLUB
**Non-playing guests will not be allowed in the tournament until after the tournament and awards.**
The Quarry Golf Club and Central Catholic's Commitment to Safety
- Wear facemasks in all indoor areas
- Sanitize each cart after every round of golf
- Deep cleaning of all public spaces daily
- On course restrooms cleaned multiple times per day
- No large indoor gatherings
- COVID Health Screen during registration
Our thanks to Louann Grothues for underwriting the 2020 & 2021 tournaments in memory of her late husband Larry Grothues '65.
Tournament proceeds will again fund technology that gives CCHS students access to 21st Century tools and infrastructure for the 2021/2022 school year (as determined by the CCHS Technology Committee of faculty, parents, students, and tech experts), including:
- new Lenovo laptops for those in Class of 2025 that need a device; includes hardware, software, Chromebook O/S and chassis that is more durable than its military model; warranty and maintenance. This initiative levels the playing field and bridges the technology divide among students.
- a new state-of-the-art server that provides power solutions for labs, data centers, and all technology needs
Past Golf Classic tournaments have raised over $500,000 in the last six years alone to fund technology initiatives for Central Catholic such as Chromebooks, Promethean Smart Boards; high-speed WiFi campus-wide; “Brother Harry Cornell S.M. Global Communications Lab, underwritten by Larry Grothues;” probes, interfaces, Vector laptops, desktop Centrifuge for the Chemistry lab; 30 new computers and furniture for computer lab; and Texas Instrument’s NSpire graphing calculators for every math student; XENEX LightStrike Robot (helps eliminate 99.9% of viruses in classroom environment...probably only high school in city to have); Touchless Digital Temperature Check Kiosk; school-wide ZOOM License (allows for large-scale webinars, meetings, town halls and graduations); Microphones and 30 Web Cam cameras for virtual Learning classrooms; Eight Auto-Tracking SWIVL Cameras (not only help for distance learning, but can help with teacher evaluations); and software, two MakerBot 3D printers and 12 new computers for engineering program (now offering a Robotics course and dual credit engineering with St. Mary's University).
Thank you to our sponsors as of January 2021:
Louann Grothues - In memory of Larry Grothues ' 65
The Kahlig Group - Clarence Kahlig '65
- Construction Management & Real Estate Development - Jack Lopez '71
- EduSource Corporation - Frank Medina '85
- Sonia & Charlie Gomez '85