Central Catholic High School provides merit-based scholarships to students who excel academically. These scholarships are available through the generosity of our alumni and friends in honor and memory of those for whom the scholarships are named.
- Students may receive only one merit-based scholarship.
- These scholarships have no bearing on scholarships & grants (financial assistance) for families that are awarded through the FACTS Grants application.
- Some merit-based awards require demonstration of need and are in addition to the need-based grants we offer.
- Receiving need-based financial assistance has no influence on merit-based awards.
- Scholarships awarded by the school or the Alumni Association based of High School Placement Test results do not affect the student’s eligibility for these scholarships.
To be considered for a merit-based scholarship, please complete all four pieces of the application: 1. Online Application Form
2. Financial Needs Assessment
; 3. Essays (part of the online form), and; 4. Recommendation form and letter (s). Letters of recommendation can be completed and submitted to the school office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Awards Committee will begin awarding funds on February 8, 2019. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, and funds will continue to be awarded until all funds have been designated. The Awards Committee made up of administrators and teachers will meet to review applications. Decisions of the committee are final.Questions about the process?
New students to Central Catholic should contact Bethany Herman, Director of Enrollment, at 210-576-4359 or email@example.com. Returning students to Central Catholic should contact Mike Gaffney, Director of Finance, at 210-576-4352 or firstname.lastname@example.org.