Our Historic Building
Central Catholic High School is a private Roman Catholic Marianist College preparatory educational community of faith serving persons from economically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
Central Catholic's New Home
The Central Catholic campus first opened its doors on North Saint Mary's St. in 1932. The distinctive art-deco style was designed by the Dreisoerner firm of St. Louis, Missouri. They chose to incorporate many brick crosses in the facade decoration, while the design engineers opted to include the use of pre-stressed concrete, a new technique for its time. During the campus' early decade, the basement and first two floors were occupied by classrooms and workspaces. It wasn't until the late 1940's that the third floor was built and Central Catholic expanded classrooms and workspaces onto the additional floor. Between 1970 and 1990, what was once the activity center was purchased and transformed into a band hall for the school. As a growing campus, in 1980, a project began to install a full-size football and track stadium on the school's grounds. The project spanned over a three-decade period and the outcome of the project is what our football stadium is today.
Enhancing Our Facilities
In 2013, the first phase of an expansion Capital Campaign allowed for the building of the Michael David Elizondo Library and Resource. This building included the addition of eight classrooms and a Library Resource Center. The positive result of this expansion, completed just 5 years ago, was the ability to increase our student population and offer a library with accommodations for the new digital era.
In August 2019, Central Catholic opened the doors on its new Kahlig-Cowie Convocation Center & Mother Adele Chapel. This 40,000 square foot state-of-the-art Convocation Center will include a fully regulated basketball gym, locker rooms for all teams, a weight room with wellness & rehabilitation center. Most importantly, a chapel dedicated to Mother Adele will also be part of the facility, allowing us to continue to emphasize the importance of a well-rounded and meaningful Christian education.