Parents and Students,
Wednesday, October 12th is a school-wide test day. Every student in the school will take some form of College Board exam.
The 9-11th grade will take the PSAT
And the 12th grade will take the SAT
School hours will be adjusted on this day. All students must be in their assigned testing room no later than 8:00 am. Students will be dismissed from school at noon. Lunch will not be provided due to it being an early dismissal day; however, they can still purchase breakfast in the cafeteria before their exams begin. No food will be allowed in the testing rooms, so students will be expected to eat in the cafeteria before they arrive in their testing room, no later than 8:00 am.
Students should bring with them at least three no.2 Pencils with erasers (no mechanical pencils allowed) a calculator with fresh batteries, and a snack/water for breaks. It is best if they leave their backpacks and any electronics they may have at home.
Attached to this email is the College Board's policy on Calculators. Please be sure to read it to make sure your son's calculator is acceptable for test day.
Here is a list of prohibited items that should be left at home. Prohibited items include but aren’t limited to this list:
- Mobile phones, smartwatches, fitness trackers, or other wearable technology (simple digital non-smartwatches or analog watches are acceptable)
- Audio players or recorders, tablets, laptops, notebooks, Bluetooth devices (like wireless earbuds/headphones), or any other personal computing devices
- Separate timers of any type
- Cameras or any other photographic equipment
- Pens, highlighters, or mechanical or colored pencils
- Books or references of any kind
- Compasses, rulers, protractors, or cutting devices
- Papers of any kind, including scratch paper
- Unacceptable calculators that have computer-style (QWERTY) keyboards, use paper tape, make noise, or use a power cord
- Weapons or firearms