The President’s Scholar Award: Renewable awards will be presented to Class of 2023 students demonstrating achievement in areas of scholarship, leadership, and moral character. President’s Scholars will be recognized at Central Catholic for their distinguished excellence in and out of the classroom and will be expected to display continuous service to the community, participate in leadership development, and uphold high academic standards.
Who can apply:
How-To Apply for the President's Scholar Award:
- Students entering the Class of 2023
- Students scoring in the 85th percentile and higher on the High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- Students with a minimum middle school (6th-grade through the fall semester of 8th-grade) GPA of 3.75
- Students in good academic standing with demonstrated understanding of Marianist Charisms and Central Catholic’s core values
- Complete the incoming freshman application with submissions of teacher recommendations, school records, and HSPT scores
- In addition to applying for admission to Central Catholic, please submit at least one (1) letter of recommendation from the Head of School (Principal, Head Master, President, etc.). Recommendations can be submitted to the school office or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the applicant's Full Name and Class Year in the subject line of email; i.e. John Michael Smith 2020- Letter of Recommendation.
- Visit Central Catholic
- Fill out the President's Scholar Award Application
- Complete the Financial Needs Assessment
This award is available for the 2019-2020 school year. Recipients will be reviewed annually for a renewed award in the following academic years.