Central Catholic’s Guidance and Counseling Department is committed to promoting the “College Journey.” The following activities are designed to offer comprehensive assistance to students as they pursue their individual career path.
- PSAT Exam—Information will be presented in our Fall briefing, which will include an orientation and preparation for the exam.
- Personality Profiler—Counseling will assist students in the classroom when conducting this assessment in the Spring.
- College Investigation—Information presented in the classroom in Spring.
- Holistic Review—What every student should know about succeeding in high school (GPA, Rank, Extracurricular Activities, Internships/Volunteerism)—Information presented at Freshman Night Meeting in the Fall.
- PSAT Exam—Information will be presented by the Sophomore teachers, which will include preparation for the exam.
- Career Interest Profiler—Counseling will assist students in the classroom when conducting this assessment in the Spring.
- Identify Individualized Career Clusters—Students will conduct personal research based on earlier presentations, along with counseling assistance.
- Focused College Searches—Students will conduct personal research and create a list of college majors that matches his interests and abilities, along with counseling assistance.
- Local College Visits/College Fairs—Students are encouraged to attend virtual college fairs.
Continue Holistic Review—Information presented in the classroom in Spring.
- Resume - begin your resume building in the spring, Include items from 9th - current.
- PSAT Exam (Fall semester); SAT/ACT Exam (Spring semester) —Information will be presented by the Junior teachers, which will include preparation for the exam.
- Refine Career Cluster/Career Selection—Students will conduct personal research based on earlier presentations, along with counseling assistance.
- Compose College List—Students will refine list of majors and create a list of colleges that match his academic profile, along with counseling assistance.
- Contact Colleges—Students can request a virtual or in person college visit.
- College Visits— Visit colleges/universities in -state and out-of-state. Touring a campus is helpful in deciding where to apply. Attend virtual college visits.
- Resume— Continue to add to your resume in the spring.
- Essay - Begin your college essay this spring.
- SAT/ACT Exam (Early Fall semester)
- College Admissions Process—Information will be presented in Fall Senior Night Presentation.
- College Applications
- FAFSA- financial aid for college
- Scholarship/Grant Search
- Transcripts/ Recommendations
COLLEGE VISIT FORM
If your son is a junior or senior and is beginning the search for the university of his choice, he will likely be visiting various campuses around the country. Prior to his schedule college visit, he will need to print and complete the permission form and submit it to his counselor 2 days prior to the visit for approval.
Senior Year Mini Checklist:
1. Start your Applications
2. Request Recommendations
3. College Visits - in person or virtual
4. Stay connected
5. Apply for scholarships