Welcome to the Central Catholic Counselors Corner. We will be regularly updating the information by Friday of each week, so please make sure to check for new information.
Dear Class of 2021,
As we near the culmination of your senior year, I wanted to share some updated information with you and your parents. Also see flyer below for important dates.
Graduation Tickets: Due to limitations from COVID-19, facilities, and parking, we will only be able to offer 4 reserved tickets and 2 general admission tickets per graduate. Families that do not need all 6 tickets are encouraged to connect with other senior families through the Facebook group or other means and offer up their extras. Tickets will be passed out to students at the graduation practice. Both ceremonies will be professionally live-streamed.
Dress Code: Seniors, please adhere to the dress code for all senior events unless otherwise noted. This includes final exams. Students who are not clean-shaven, have an appropriate haircut, or out of code in other non-remediable ways will not be permitted to participate in the senior events. At the Baccalaureate Mass and Graduation, students will be expected to wear a dress shirt, tie, dress slacks, and dress shoes. See Mr. G. if you have any questions.
Graduation Regalia: If you haven’t already done so, please remove your graduation gown from the bag. Make sure that it fits. Hang it up and follow instructions for removing wrinkles. Only medals and chords passed out at the Senior Awards Ceremony may be worn during the graduation ceremony. Do NOT decorate your cap or wear any other items during the graduation ceremony.
Baccalaureate and Graduation Times: Seniors will need to arrive on campus 1 hour prior to the start of the Baccalaureate Mass. Attendees are asked to be in their seats at least 10 minutes prior to the start of the mass. Once the mass starts, admission to the field and stands will be closed to minimize distractions during the liturgy. The gates will be reopened at the conclusion of mass.
Additional reminders and details will be sent out over the next few weeks. Let’s finish the year right. Make good choices, put forth your best effort, and represent your alma mater well.
- You must be a high school student or graduating senior aged 16-20 by June 1, 2021
- Average Salary is $9.50 per hour
- June 14- August 6 is the window for the internship
- Visit the SAEDF website to learn more about the Internship program and to apply https://sanantonioedf.com/workforce/programs/#internship
- Students must get a code from the counselor in order to complete the paperwork
Are you planning on taking a summer course off Central campus? Please complete this form by May 28th to request approval to complete an off campus course for Central Catholic High School credit. Approval is contingent upon the off campus course’s accreditation, duration, and level of rigor meeting or exceeding that of Central Catholic High School courses. You can contact your counselors for any questions.
- FINDING YOUR DREAM COLLEGE JUNE 15 6PM
- SAT, ACT, OR BOTH? JUNE 22 6PM
- ACT STRATEGY SESSION JUNE 29 6PM
- CRAFTING YOUR COLLEGE APPLICATION ESSAYS JULY 6 6PM
- HIGH SCHOOL ACADEMICS AND COLLEGE ADMISSIONS JULY 13 6PM
- SAT, ACT, OR BOTH/ JULY 20 6PM
- SAT STRATEGY SESSION JULY 27 6PM